Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's in a name?



This past Monday, a few of us went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch while we were in Chicago. This was my first time to ever eat there and I loved it. Krystle suggested it told me what it was like and we gave it a shot.

I never would have picked this restaurant on my own for one reason - I hate tomatoes. I don't like them on my salad, I don't like them on my cheeseburger, I don't like my chili to have too many tomatoes. I am not alone - tomatoes is an item that a lot of people despise.

From just reading the sign, I would have thought everything in the store had something to do with tomatoes. You would have been wrong - there were not too many things with tomatoes at all (which was a good thing).

So, the point is either (1) when you start a business, don't title your company something that is going to turn people away, or (2) a good reference is better than a bad name.

No comments: