Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cubs v Mets



This afternoon, Josh, Krystle, and I were able to go to the Cubs/Mets game at Wrigley Field. Anyone who know me know I am a die-hard Cubs fans. I also have not been to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field in 10 years. The last time I went Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa were chasing home run records and Kerry Wood was a rookie.

We had a blast. Some of the highlights from the game:

- It worked out that my favorite player, Ted Lilly, was pitching today. He also won his first game of the season. I feel like I had something to do with that.

- The "Chicago Dog" was everything I expected it to be.

- Krystle tried to negotiate with a guy over $2 for parking. She lost.

- I really wanted to buy the "Cardinals Suck" shirt, but instead I just bought a normal Cubs shirt.

- Kosuke Fukudome is not only the real deal, but the city of Chicago is doing everything they can to make money off the guy. You should see how many Japanese headbands there were to sell.

- In the eight inning Ronny Cedeno hit a grand slam. I don't know if I have ever seen one in person before.

- Krystle was the only person in the entire stadium (no, really, she was the only one) who sat down during the 7th innning stretch and didn't sing "Take me out to the ballgame."

- Josh wouldn't let a van pass us on the way out (it was a one lane road, and the van was trying to pass us where parked cars usually are), and then we heard a barrage of colorful words yelled at us. We were really close to turning on the siren on the megaphone.

- We had great seats for a great price. We were about 15 rows from field near the Met's bullpen.

The Cubs are hot and have a record of 14-6 and sitting in first place. Go Cubs Go!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so jealous!
I'm glad you've gotten some down time in between 2 crazy weekends.
Miss you guys!

ShawnMiyahara said...

Krystle would...I'm mad at her. She gets to go to a game like that and then she doesn't stand up and sing the song!! What the heck?

EricEpp said...

Although I am not surprised that Krystle would pull something like that, I am still disappointed. I went to Wrigley once and got ripped off from a scalper. Oh yeah, and I understand your t-shirt dilemma Chase. One time I went to a Cardinals game and thought about getting a “Cubs Suck” t-shirt. I decided to get a regular “World Series Champions” one instead.