Thursday, April 17, 2008

Newest Member of the Golf Cult











Last Friday Krystle, Johnny, Monte and I played a round of golf at the amazing Par 3 course in Joplin. It is so amazing it only costs $7 to play 9 holes. And in the months of January and February you can pay $10 and play unlimited holes all day. Oh, compare the grass on the tee box (Krystle's picture) to the sand in the sand trap (Johnny's picture).

It was Krystle's first time to ever actually play a round of golf (she has been to the driving range before) and I think we were all blown away by how well she did her first time. The weather was horrible for golf (low 50s, winds around 28mph, with gust over 40 mph), but I think Krystle lost less balls than I did, and I think her score was better than Johnny's.

I did forget to tell her that you can only use a tee from the tee box (can't use a tee from the fairway) and I think she only swung and missed once.

Anyways, I think she is hooked and now part of the cult!

On a similar note, I almost chipped in for eagle on another round of golf I played on Tuesday. It rolled up and hit the pin and bounce out - if the pin would not have been there I would have had an eagle!

No comments: