Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ballgame Number 7 - Florida Marlins vs LA Dodgers


Last night, Abbey, Matt and I went the Marlins-Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium in LA. All week I have been hearing from Chris Duncan, Matt, all the Matt Bayless band about how bad of an idea it was to go to a Dodgers game on Saturday night. They all swore up an down to make sure we wore blue, to not sit in the bleachers, to follow the crowd and not stray from the pack, and one even suggested I bring a gun. Anyways, I did not think my safety was that much in danger (maybe because I was wearing blue) but it definitely was a new experience.

  • I think this was the oldest ballpark I have been in all year. It was cool to come to Dodger Stadium, but it was a pretty boring park.
  • The Dodger dogs are all they're cracked up to be. They were good. The garlic fries were not.
  • The Dodger fans are the most passionate fans I have seen all year. The place would erupt if a Dodger even stole a base.
  • We did buy tickets from a scalper, which turned out to be a good decision. We sat in the second bowl for half the price of a box office ticket.
  • The place was 80% full, probably the most fans at a game I have seen all year with maybe the exception of the Rangers-Yankees.
  • The Marlins hit three home runs, all of which the ball landed back on the field after a fan threw the ball back. On the second home run, it was all in one motion - the fan catching it. winding up and throwing it back - with it almost reaching the infield.
  • I will agree about not sitting in the bleachers. Those guys were crazy. I felt bad for the security guard constantly trying to get the beach balls.
  • Derek Lowe still pitched well, but was not as good as two weeks ago when we say him in Tampa Bay.
  • Hanley Ramirez, the Marlins lead-off batter, is stinkin' fast.
  • Although he bats sixth and has an average of .273, Nomar Garciaparra is the the fan favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will right away take hold of your [url=http://www.2013paschersaclongchamp.com]sac longchamp pas cher pliage[/url] rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. sac longchamp pas chere [url=http://www.2013paschersaclongchamp.com]sac a main longchamp pas cher[/url] , Do you have any? Please let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.