Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ballgame Number 3


Ballgame Number 3 of the year. A few weeks ago Josh, Krystle and I were down in Arlington, TX to look at the venue for the Texas Believe in the fall. No other way to plan a trip then to look at the baseball schedule and see when the Yankees are in town. So we drove down from Joplin timing it so that we would hit Arlington about game time.

I think this was the first time in my life I have seen the Yankees play. I have not been to a ton of American League games, but now I can say I saw the Bronx Bombers. Also, this was the closest I have ever got in my life to seeing a no-hitter. The Yankees carried a no-hitter into the 8 inning and then gave up a hit. It was also the first win for Phil Hughes for the Yankees. Phil Hughes has been regarded as "The Next Great Yankee Pitcher." Anyways, here are the observations from the game:

- All Texas Police Officers have to wear Cowboy hats.

- There are more Yankee fans in Texas than there are Ranger fans.

- Don't take your kids to a game and go sit in the bleachers during a blow-out.

- Alex Rodriguez really is that good.

- Starbucks is taking over - they were giving out free samples when you came in, and there was a location inside the stadium.

- The Rangers are horrible.

- Yankee fans need to go back to New York and stay there.

No comments: