Friday, October 06, 2006

I just want the seeds


On our way to Austin, TX, Seth, one of our interns for the year, told me about these sunflower seeds that were the best he's ever had. I told him I need to try them. Let me just say I consider my self a connoisseur of sunflower seeds. I played baseball for the first 21 years of my life. I have consumed dill pickle seeds. I typically have a spit cup in my car for seeds. So when Seth said they were the best ever, I was somewhat skeptical.

So I tried his seeds. They were good. They were really good. I would go as far to say they may be the best seeds I have ever had. Problem - I don't know where to get them!

Look at the picture above. This is the only label on the bag. I have no idea where to get more. Seth said he got them at a demolition derby in Colorado. Fat chance I will be at a DD in the Rockies anytime soon. Seriously though, there is no way for me to find out where the seeds came from. Horrible branding, marketing, selling, etc., etc., etc.

Give me a website. Give me a phone number. For crying out loud give me the name of the company! There is no where to go. I know the seeds are Roasted, Salted, may have peanuts or tree nuts and are from the lot #RSS177. That's it. Thanks for nothing.

Here is a piece of advice. If you develop a product that is "the best" in it's category, allow people to buy it. Don't just sell your product at Demolition Derbies in Colorado.

No comments: