Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Seattle and Portland


Two weeks ago Abbey and I got to go to Portland and Seattle for a few days. The purpose of the trip was to meet with some youth ministers and tell them about CIY's jr. high program Believe. We flew into Portland late on Monday night, drove up to Seattle and had lunch with 14 guys from the area at an amazing restaurant on Tuesday.

After that Abbey and I went to downtown Seattle and went to the Original Starbucks, Pike Place Market, REI, the original Kavu store, and the Space Needle. That night we attended my fourth major league game of the year, the Baltimore Orioles vs. the Seattle Mariners.

The next day Abbey and I went hiking at Snoqualmie Falls and then drove down to Portland and had a great dinner at a restaurant downtown. We went to Powell's books and then called it a night.

One the last day, Abbey went and dropped me off at Abundant Life Church (where the lunch was being held), and she went to the mall. The luncheon, set entirely up by Randy Gay, the youth minister, was well attended and I received a ton of feedback about the last couple years of Believe. That is one of my favorite things about meeting with the leaders is finding out what we did right, what we did wrong, what we need to do better. Also, the food, prepared by the church, was amazing as well.

Anyways, I have attached the slide show at the top of some of the pictures from the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chase! Hi, I'm the office manager at Abundant Life Church and I just happened across your blog. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the lunch and learned a lot about Believe. I am also a big fan of anything that CIY puts on! (also, my mom happens to be the cook so I'll pass the compliment along!)