Friday, June 22, 2007

My First Love


Last night I was able to reunite with my first love. My mom, Abbey and I went to Sonny's BBQ for dinner. For those you who don't know, Sonny's BBQ is a chain restaurant all throughout the South. I grew up on Sonny's in Pensacola and also worked at one for a summer and a few Christmas Breaks.

This trip to Sonny's was different from any other I have experienced. Sonny's is redesigning all their stores to make them a little more "nicer." All the new stores (and eventually the old), will have a full bar, a redesigned dining area, and an outdoor dining area. You can see some pictures of the redesign on their website. Also, they have added some more menu items. I tried the pulled chicken for the first time last night.

I know everyone has their opinion on the best bbq, but for pulled pork and beef, Sonny's is hard to beat. If you have never been to a Sonny's, you are missing out.

1 comment:

Ryan Claborn said...

My wife is already charged up to hit the one in Lexington in a couple of weeks when she gets there.

You can add her to the list of people you've converted. Perhaps we could contact them about opening a franchise in the greater Joplin metroplex.