Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jr. High Camp


This past Sunday night I was able to tag along with Robin Sigars to go to one night of Jr. High Camp at Camp Cyokamo in Alba, MO. My home church, Carterville Christian Church have a group of jr. high students out there this week and if my schedule had worked out, I would have loved it to attend the whole week as a sponsor - but I was glad to at least be there for one night.

It was nice to see some guys who I have know a while - Ryan Bennett and Drew Henderson from Sunnybrook Christian Church in Stillwater, OK, and Matt Harenza from First Christian Church in Carthage, MO.

There was somewhere between 250-300 students packed in a little auditorium and let me tell you it was LOUD. Occasionally people will complain about the sound level being too high at Believe, well, they need to go to camp. The band was from Owasso, OK and they did a really good job. Robin spoke, with one of his main examples about jumping off a cliff with his sons.

The theme for the week is "More than a game" and it has a Olympic feel to it. Many different churches were walking around with big country flags and I know there are many different "Olympic" stlye games planned for the week.

I really enjoyed watching the students worship. Actually I really enjoyed watching the students doing motions to some of the songs. No, actually I really enjoyed watching the students doing their own made up never seen before motions to some of the songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the saying goes - "If it's too loud you're too old." Perhaps your reaching that threshold Chase?