Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Jeep Dealership --> You win this round

Jeep Dealership wins round one. Hopefully this will be the last round.

A few weeks ago I received a coupon in the mail for an oil change, tires balanced and rotated and a brakes inspection from the Jeep Dealership (at Continental Auto Mall) for my wife's 2002 Jeep Cherokee. It actually wasn't a bad price for all that was included (usually there is no way in the world I would go to the dealership to pay their astronomical prices) and I love coupons, so we decided to take them up on their offer. Never again. It is a scam.

I scheduled my appointment, took the Jeep in and waited. The clerk/salesman (you will see why he has both titles in my eyes) comes out to the waiting area and lets me know the results of the brake inspection. Basically he informs me that my front brakes need to be replaced. But he does it in a way where I feel as though I could run off the road or into the back of a semi-truck if I don't get them replaced immediately. I had no problems with any of my brakes before he looked at it! So of course with the pressure on, instead of saying "No thanks" and going to someone else that won't drain my bank account, I cave to to the pressure and let them install the brakes. About 2 minutes later, after I come to my senses, I regret my decision.

This is not the first time I have been suckered with a vehicle scam. I will never take my car to the Firestone in Joplin after their little scam on my Explorer two years ago.

I really regretted my decision when I wrote the check. I felt like I had just written a check in response to an e-mail to get the Prince of Nigeria's treasure over to America.

Piece of advice - if the dealership tells you that you need to fix something, go to someone else get a second opinion and let them install it for a fraction of the price.

Yes, the Jeep Dealership won that round. I am a moron. And Continetial Auto Mall --> get a new jingle.

No comments: