Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Know Sweat Joplin Night 1


Last night was the first night of Know Sweat in Joplin and the nightly session all week is being held at my home church, Carterville Christian Church. Last night was a great night, there were a few small kinks to work out, but it was awesome to watch the session and to get excited about how God is going to move this week through 200 jr. high students in my hometown. Brad Moss (also from my home church) led worship and Johnny Scott (program director of Believe) is the speaker all week. Last night you missed Johnny talking all about his chickens at Scott Farms.

I will be at a week of Know Sweat later this summer in Cincinnati and I wanted to see as much of the adult meeting/first night so I could be prepared next month for when I am in Ohio. The theme for the week is Amplify and last night the sub-theme was to Amplify the Message through service because of Christ.

It is about 7am on Tuesday and the groups are suppose to meet down at the truck to go to their projects in about 30 minutes....but....it is currently raining and raining hard. It is suppose to stop in the next couple of hours and the groups should get to their houses by 10. Pray that the Lord will use the students this week in Joplin to amplify Christ through their service.

No comments: