Monday, May 05, 2008

Cubs v Cardinals



This past Saturday Abbey and I went the Cubs/Cardinals game in St. Louis with Jennifer and Grant. It was a great day and we had a great time in St. Louis. It was even better that the Cubs won. Although they only won one of the three games this past weekend, they won the game we went to. We went to Grant's Farm on Sunday (which I had never heard of) and it was a pretty cool place. We saw Chinese deer.

Highlights from the game:

- Once again, my favorite player, Ted Lilly, was pitching again for the Cubs. He won his second game of the year. He needs to pay me to come watch all his games.

- I talked to a guy who had his chest painted white with red lettering for about 20 minutes. He thought the season ticket holder who sold me my tickets should get his privileges revoked.

- This was Jennifer and Grant's first Cubs game, and they saw a winner.

- There was a drunk married guy two rows in front of us that was doing everything he could to pick up drunk women in the row in front of us. It was incredibly annoying.

- The Cubs can hit. They ripped the cover off the ball on Saturday and scored 9 runs.

- There was a good amount of Cubs fans. We were not alone.

- Parking was pretty cheap. Only $5 compared to $30 at Wrigley.

- The new ballpark is really nice (this was my first time to the new Busch) and definitely a step up from the old Busch.

- I could have bought a "Cubs Suck" shirt after the game. I passed.

- Our seats were great. We were 5 rows up in the bleachers and I was seated right next to the grass in center field. With the right hit ball I could have caught a home run.

No comments: