Thursday, November 23, 2006

I own a 60GB

I own a 60GB...at least for a few more days. Yes, yes I am taking advantage of an opportunity to make a quick buck. Right now my PlayStation 3 is on eBay here.

Last week, I called Caleb and told him we would split whatever we made off of the PS3. Next thing you know he is picking up the cash from my wife (I was out of town - don't worry I would have been there too) and heading up to Best Buy at 8 pm on Wed. He can't buy one until Friday at 8am! Fortunately enough, he was number 20 in line and there were only 20 60GBs going on sale. There were a total of 26 people sitting outside the Best Buy (20 60GBs, 6 20GBs), all of them wrote their number on their hand, and they had a big party for a day and a half. All but one (a 14-yr old boy - does he have school?!) of the 26 planned on selling the coveted gaming system.

If you didn't hear about the PlayStation 3 madness across America last week, then you truly do live in a hole. Here are some of the highlights from last week.
- I was in Cincinnati, OH and went by a Target at about 11pm on Thur. and there were 9 people in line. Target was only getting 8 systems and the last guy was trying to buy a seat. The lowest anyone would go was $1500.
- Thursday, Jayson, Johnny and I had a conversation about how this was the perfect night if someone was going to rob a video game store. But then we thought, there is no way - tonight would be the night where there is crazy security and there is no way something like that was going to go down. Well it happened in Dayton, OH.
- At the Wal-Mart in Carthage, MO there were 10 lawn chairs set out. If you got up from your chair to do anything, someone could run in and steal your seat. Talk about setting your self up for a riot.
- Rumors were flying about how many systems Sony was going to release and when.
- Pre-sales on ebay reached as high as $10,000.
- Rules were/are up on ebay for selling the item and less than 24 hours after they were released 40,000 PS3s were available on the auction site.

We will see what happens, but for now, I own a 60GB.

1 comment:

md neely said...

dude, where's your ebay listing?